Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lime Restaurant

From Lime on Comme...


I returned to Lime for the first time in months. I dined a bunch of times in a flurry when they first opened and I had been meaning to go back.

My wife and I ordered the sashimi (stunning, amazing, fresh, expertly cut), lobster salad, some izakaya-esque kitchen dishes (an avocado rice crispy croquette), zarusoba which uses their own housemade, handcut 100% buckwheat soba noodles (they are the only place in Vancouver that makes their own soba, AFAIK), fresh oysters, and some cocktails.

The service from both the chefs and our waitress was excellent. We paid no cover charge (they often charge this when they have performers).

Lime is easily in the same league as the top sushi places in town, IMO...this night it became my favourite destination sushi in Vancouver. Lime is not inexpensive - you pay top dollar to dine here...but it is definitely worth it. Make sure to sit at the raw bar to catch the chefs in action - it is a sight to behold.



Lime - Japanese Cuisine

1130, Commercial Dr.

Vancouver BC

No comments: