Thursday, July 3, 2008

Golden Phoenix: Our "Go To" Dim Sum place

From Golden Phoenix


Golden Phoenix is a just a few minutes from our house. The dim sum here is fresh and creative....and as a bonus....they still serve much of it from carts. A rare beast these days. Carts are slowly disappearing in favour of order cards.




My daughter's favourite dish is deep fried spicy squid. We always order that for her. This one has a nice crunch and heat. The dish is also dim sum size so she can eat the whole thing.




Many of their dishes are not on the menu. Reserve some space and wait for one of the cart or tray ladies to come out with something new.

Golden Phoenix
2425 Nanaimo, Vancouver

Tel: (604) 253-6183

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fmed, as per your post, I went here as its closer to our house than "Rich Ocean" and we can walk, but my son & I were disapponted! We did like the spicy squid though! I thought service was good, but food didn't send us. I think it had sat too long honestly. Did not like the sticky rice at all, nor the pot stickers, shrimp cakes, etc. etc. We ordered 8 dishes & left lots not taking any of it home. They seemed really surprised that we weren't taking all the leftovers with us! I guess we prefer getting it NOT from the cart!

My son asked if we can stick to "Rich Ocean" for dim sum...:-)