Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Chambar

From Chambar


Chambar is one of my favorite restaurants in Vancouver. The food is fantastic and the service is impeccable. It manages to feel casual and "high-end" at the same time. I like to sit up front by the window where the ambience feels more "pub-like". You can choose to sit at the back to have a more "white-linen" experience.

Chambar is often described as a "Belgian" restaurant. Sure...they have a good selection of Belgian beer (not the best in town - Stella's on Commercial Dr holds that crown) and Moule Frite. I consider it closer to a casual French bistro with middle-eastern influences perhaps?

In any case, my favorite way of eating at Chambar (and at any restaurant, really) is to sample round after round of small-plates. Their appetizers are fanastic (I like the charred octopus and the foie gras terrine).

They have an excellent cocktail menu and a highly skilled mixologist. Try the jasmine tea infused maritini - I don't recall what it is called.

Cheers!

No comments: